People aged 50+ in Brighton & Hove can try out more than 100 events in more than 50 venues across the city in this year’s Ageing Well Festival.
The two week festival will run from Monday 30 September to Sunday 13 October and is set to be the biggest and best yet.
As part of the festival, people aged 50+ can:
- swim for only £1
- buy discounted cinema tickets
- try out activities including dance, table tennis, musical instruments, art, theatre, singing, tai chi, Zumba, cycling, bowling, gardening, silent disco, gaming or sewing
- join walking, bus and boat tours within the city and beyond
- watch performances, plays, concerts and cabaret
- get advice on technology, writing, relationships, careers, history, personal style, health, accessibility and home safety
- have your say on health and social care services in the city
- find out hove to be more active with our Healthy Lifestyles team at Active Forever
The Deputy Mayor, Councillor Alan Robins, officially launched the festival at the Hop 50+ in Palmeira Square on Monday 30 September.
Councillor Carmen Appich, lead member for adult social care said: “Brighton & Hove has more than 85,000 people over 50, and this is increasing every year.
“Perception of when old age begins and who is an older person can vary considerably. This festival gives people aged 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and beyond the chance to explore what’s available in the city and I hope that many will continue with the new skills or activities they’ve discovered far after the end of the festival.
“We have always invested in the festival and this year have also introduced our new Ageing Well service which not only provides, but also makes it easier to find support and get involved in activities across the city.”
New Ageing Well service for older people
Led by Impact Initiatives, Ageing Well is a new service for people aged 50+ in Brighton & Hove. It helps you to find things to do, places to go and people to see.
For information on activities, groups, cafes, centres, transport, befriending, events, trips and more:
- visit the Ageing Well website
- call 01273 322947
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- text 07770 061072
Find out more
The festival is produced by Impact Initiatives, working alongside the council, as well as voluntary sector organisations and local businesses.
Have a look at the festival website for more information, to find out what’s on, or to book online. Festival programmes will also be available in venues across the city.