The Bright Start nursery in central Brighton has been rated ‘good’ by Ofsted.
Their inspector described Bright Start, which is run by Brighton & Hove City Council, as a vibrant, busy and stimulating nursery. They said that:
- Children are very happy and safe, and their well-being is given very high priority
- Parents say how staff go above and beyond what they expect and confirmed how happy they are with the care provided
- Behaviour is good and every child's unique qualities are understood and catered for
- Staff work hard to make sure every child achieves well, especially those who need extra help with their learning
- The curriculum offers children a broad range of learning experiences
- Children leave Bright Start confident, sociable and ready for their future learning.
The nursery had previously been rated as ‘requires improvement’ by Ofsted.
The chair of the council’s children, young people and skills committee, Councillor John Allcock, said:
“The nursery has worked tirelessly with the support of the council’s early years team to address the issues areas raised at the last inspection.
“I’m delighted that their dedication and creativity have been acknowledged in such glowing terms.
“I was particularly pleased to see how the children’s emotional needs are met extremely well.
“Good quality early years childcare like this has a positive impact on long term development and gives a great start to a child’s life."