Ofsted ‘hat-trick’ for Roundabout Nursery!
Roundabout Nursery in Whitehawk has been graded as ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted inspectors – for the third time in a row.
The nursery is part of the Roundabout Children’s Centre, which is run by Brighton & Hove City Council.
Inspectors have said:
- Children make excellent progress in this exceptionally welcoming, inclusive nursery
- Staff are highly sensitive to children’s individual circumstances and developmental needs, and all children, including those with special educational needs and / or disabilities, are exceptionally well prepared for their future learning and starting school
- Managers are strongly committed to continually improving the nursery
- Staff are excellent role models and offer children calm, reassuring guidance and praise
- Staff very skilfully plan activities that build on children’s learning and extend their interests exceptionally well.
Deborah Taylor and Teresa Owen are joint managers of the nursery. They said: ‘We are thrilled to be recognised for all that we do with the wonderful children and families in this area.
“It is so important to us to make a difference and we are incredibly proud of our staff.
“Getting an ‘outstanding’ Ofsted rating is an huge achievement, but retaining it twice is amazing. The report reflects our ethos: ‘creative, inclusive and passionate in everything we do’.”