When someone dies outside of England or Wales and needs to be brought back for a funeral - this is called repatriation.

GOV.UK provides information on what to do when someone dies abroad.

If someone who has died in Brighton & Hove needs to be taken to another country, the death must be registered in the usual way at the register office. You must also contact the Coroner’s Office to make them aware that you wish to move the person abroad. The coroner will advise you on the forms you require. Your chosen funeral director will arrange the repatriation.