Grants are available to support community clubs and groups to grow and develop. Generally funding organisations will not give money to cover existing activities or for unspecified purposes. It is therefore important to be clear what you want to use the money for and why.
Each funding organisation will also have different priorities in how it would like funding to be spent. It is important to think about how closely your project matches their aims and criteria to ensure you have the best chance of success.
Example funding opportunities:
- Sport England Funding
- Brighton & Hove City Council Support for Voluntary Organisations
- Sported Funding
- Sussex Community Foundation
- Awards for All
Finding grants and other sources funding
If you are looking fund a project to develop sport, dance or physical activity in Brighton & Hove, the Healthy Lifestyles Team can run a funding search to help find funding available for your organisation.
For more information, send an email to the Healthy Lifestyles Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more support
- Community Amateur Sports Club Status - benefit from tax relief and gift aid
- Club Matters -support – programme of training and support including financial planning
- Funding Central – smart guide to over 4000 grants and loans
- Resource Centre – information on running & funding community groups
- East Sussex Funding News – regular newsletter containing information about funding
- BH Connected - Local Intelligence - website containing local data and needs assessments to help you plan and demonstrate the need for your project
- Sport England - Other Sources of Funding webpage