Who can register for free swimming?
Children aged 16 and under can register.
Where can they swim?
Children can swim for free at:
- King Alfred Leisure Centre
- Prince Regent Swimming Complex
- St Luke’s Community Swimming Pool.
Children under eight years old must be supervised by a parent or adult (18 years or over) throughout their use of the pool facilities. There is a maximum of two children to each supervising adult. The adults supervising must accompany the children in the water.
When can they swim?
Children 16 and under can swim at all public and general swimming sessions at the following times:
- Monday to Friday from 3.30pm during state school term time
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays
- All day during Brighton & Hove state school holidays including inset days
How do I sign up and register to start swimming for free?
Complete a free swimming for under 16s application form (PDF 758KB) to register and take it to any of the above pools. Hard copies of the form are also available from reception at these pool sites.
The parent or guardian must complete and sign an application form and provide proof of age of the child, that is original birth certificate or passport. The child must be present as their photograph will be taken for their membership card.
For details of the pools and timetables, go to: