Active for Life is a citywide programme of activities to support residents to be more active, more often.
The programme is run by the council's Healthy Lifestyles Team who work with residents, clubs, volunteers, community groups and other organisations to run sessions and events across the city.
The team also provide advice, guidance and support to individuals who want to move more.
Local, free and low cost activities across the city
Find out about the sessions we provide across the city for people of all ages and abilities:
- How children and young people can stay active
- How adults can stay active
- Active ageing - activities for older people
- This Girl Can - activities for women and girls
Find information about our other programmes in the city that support you to lead an active lifestyle.
About the project
From a small scale pilot in Hollingdean in 2005, Active For Life has grown into a citywide initiative. We reach out to thousands of Brighton & Hove residents every year, and support them to be more active, more often.
We're now working on a new strategy for physical activity, sport and exercise in the city.
For more information about the activities available:
- phone the Healthy Lifestyles Team on 01273 294 589
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the team on Twitter: @BHhealthylife, or on Facebook.
Find out more about how to get support for yourself or someone else from the Healthy Lifestyles team with.
- healthy eating
- increasing physical activity
- reducing alcohol
- stopping and cutting down smoking
- losing weight
- general wellbeing