- Where the site is vacant place and keep a beach hut in accordance with the specification attached on the site within 3 months of the date hereof.
- Pay the fee as set out over the page and any increased fee as may be notified to the Licensee at least 2 months prior to 1 st April in any year.
- Pay the rates and other outgoings payable in respect of the hut and site.
- Carry out any necessary repairs to the hut including the doors, door frames, any windows and window frames, together with hinges, locks, bolts and other fastenings of the hut.
- Keep the exterior of the hut in a good state of decorative repair, redecorating the exterior at least once every year.
- Take reasonable and proper precautions to preserve the security of the hut including the prevention of unauthorised persons from obtaining access to the interior of the hut.
- If the hut is damaged beyond repair either by the elements or by vandalism the owner must ensure the removal of the debris with immediate effect at his or her expense.
- Insure and maintain a policy of insurance for the hut against perils such as fire, theft and damage.
- Where repairs to or replacement of the hut is necessary construct the doors using either panelling or tongue and grove
- When renewing or redecorating the hut paint the doors in one single solid colour or vertically striped in multiple colours
- Where necessary change the size of the doors to make them smaller to improve the strength and security of the hut
- Apply to the Seafront Office at the address in 4 below for a 4 week permit to make changes (other than the specified changes in the terms and conditions) to the external appearance and/or use of the hut for a special event or fundraising purposes
- Each hut is allowed a maximum of 2 permits per year which the council reserves the right to grant or decline
Council Tax and Business Rates
You will not be able to view your Council Tax and Business Rates account information or bills online between 4pm on Friday 29 September and 9am on Monday 2 October. We're sorry for any inconvenience.