- Entry during Libraries Extra hours is with a Libraries Extra library card only. Please have your Libraries Extra library card and PIN to gain entry.
- During Libraries Extra operation, the library will be unstaffed.
- Libraries Extra users are responsible for their own safety and their property.
- Libraries Extra users should not permit anyone to follow them into the library (no tailgating), with the exception of the people and circumstances referred to in points 5 and 6.
- Children and young people aged 0-15 cannot join Libraries Extra but can gain entry under the supervision of a Libraries Extra user. The Libraries Extra user supervising those aged 0-15 is responsible for their safety and adherence to these terms and conditions whilst in the library with them.
- Those attending a group or activity during Libraries Extra hours can gain access when a Libraries Extra group access cardholder is present.
- All library stock must be issued through the self-service kiosk before being removed from the library.
- Other Libraries Extra users must be treated with respect at all times in accordance with equalities legislation. Abusive or inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Sleeping, smoking, and consumption of alcohol or illegal substances are prohibited within libraries at all times, including during Libraries Extra hours.
- In the case of an emergency situation, e.g. fire alarm activation, all persons must leave the library premises immediately, and not re-enter the premises until notified by responsible authorities that it is safe to do so.
- CCTV cameras within the library space will record activity and be remotely monitored by a third party security company during Libraries Extra hours. The recorded images are kept for 28 days, and only viewed in the case of an incident.
- Libraries Extra users must leave the library at the designated closure times as instructed via the automated messages.
- All library users are required to abide by the Library Byelaws and Library Regulations, which are on display in all Brighton & Hove City Libraries.
- No access to ‘Staff Only’ areas.
Use of your Libraries Extra library card during Libraries Extra hours will be taken as acceptance and agreement to adhere to the above terms and conditions.
Non-compliance with these terms and conditions may result in membership to Libraries Extra and standard library membership being revoked.