Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: 1st February 2024 (with the option to start later depending on notice periods)
Situated approximately 3km from Brighton’s city centre, Bevendean is surrounded by beautiful downland, and set in extensive grounds with wide open spaces, Bevendean School enjoys a peaceful and unspoilt location.
We have an exceptional staff team of Class Teachers, Nursery to Year 6; including a facility for deaf children.
We have three learning mentors, 22 Teaching Assistants and Higher-Level Teaching Assistants supporting in mainstream classes along with a further 8 office / administration and facilities staff. Our deaf provision has 2 qualified Teachers of the deaf and 6 Teaching Assistants.
All of our staff value kindness, respect towards each other and a sense of fun, as some of our core values, and this shows through when you visit our school. Our aim is to provide exciting and high-quality teaching and learning which challenges and motivates children to really become involved in their learning. Pupils are taught a broad and rich curriculum that is enhanced with as many trips, visits and experiences as possible. We believe it is vital that pupils get to see and do as much as possible. Not only does this create aspiration but we know that if you do something, you can talk about it and you can therefore write about it.
We are a community school and believe it is essential that the community are involved in the school; we strive for opportunities to make links and engage all stakeholders. We know that this helps to get the best outcomes for Bevendean pupils.
We are very proud of Bevendean Primary School & Nursery and we are delighted you have expressed an interest in the position at our school.
We are looking for an organised and motivated Clerk to Governors.
About the role
The successful candidate will need to be able to offer:
- Effective administrative support to the Governing Body and its committees
- Guidance ensuring the Governing Body constitution is correct
- Effective management of information in accordance with legal requirements
We are seeking someone who is:
- Able to maintain clear records, preparing and circulating agendas and associated paperwork
- Confident taking minutes at meetings, liaising with governors and school staff, and working with the Chair to maintain the smooth and efficient running of the governing body
- Forward thinking so as to ensure that all relevant documentation is circulated well in advance
- Prepared to work flexibly and electronically
In turn we offer you:
- The opportunity to continue with your own professional development
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team
- A positive, exciting and motivated school culture
- Committed and supportive Governors who work closely with the school to ensure that it’s vision and strategic direction are met
We welcome and encourage visits to the school and if you wish to arrange this, please contact the Headtecher via email at email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Friday 5th January 2024
Interview date: Thursday 11th January 2024
How to Apply: Completed application forms accepted by email direct to the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 681292
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.