Paid weeks per year: 47.36 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 29.17
Fixed Term: Initially one year
Start date: As soon as possible
St Bernadette’s is a thriving, friendly and supportive school. The Governors wish to appoint an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our wonderful staff team.
At St Bernadette’s you will have the opportunity to work in a supportive and innovative environment where there is a strong focus on promoting school values and effective lifelong learning.
We will offer you:
- A friendly and welcoming team of hardworking and dedicated colleagues
- Wonderful children and a happy school community
- A school committed to inclusive education and with an ethos focused on success for all
- Excellent training and professional development opportunities
- A strong and supportive leadership team based on trust.
About the role
The successful candidate will:
- Have recent experience of working with children in the primary age range (4-11 years)
- Be able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment
- Be able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and adaptability when faced with a variety of situations.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
- Be able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff
- Be well organised and have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Be patient, kind and caring with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook.
The year group for this role has not yet been finalised, but we would be interested in any early years’ experience. However, this is not essential and should not deter anyone without this experience applying.
For further details please contact the school on Tel: 01273 553813 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Midday, Tuesday 2nd January 2024 (only successful candidates will be contacted)
Interview date: 8th January 2024
How to apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 6UT, email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 553813
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for a successful application.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.