Faculty Assistant Faculty of Humanities
Paid weeks per year: 47.36 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Actual salary: £22,722 - £24,450
Start date: January 2024 or sooner
At Longhill High School we strive to ensure both staff and students flourish as life-long learners. We welcome all applicants including those that could be interested in being supported, at some stage, in the journey to becoming a qualified teacher.
We are looking for enthusiastic, determined and inspiring staff to join us. We pride ourselves on having a bespoke staff training programme which supports further development and learning.
This role would suit somebody with a passion for Humanities and learning.
About the role
There are four key areas of responsibility within this role.
- To supervise groups of pupils during the short term absence of teachers to ensure that pupils carry out a pre-prepared lesson, maintain good order and to keep pupils on task, responding to questions and generally assisting pupils to undertake set activities. This responsibility will be central to your role at Longhill High School.
- To work under the guidance of faculty head to deliver small group intervention programmes.
- To organise and supervise administrative systems as required. Contribute to the planning, development and monitoring of pupil progress systems within the faculty under the supervision of the faculty head.
- To be involved with the assisting and leading of extra-curricular events and clubs.
As a faculty assistant, you will work 39 weeks a year but you be paid for 47.36 weeks. These payments paid as a salary once a month.
The term time working hours are:
- 8am to 4.30pm with a 20 minute paid break less 30 minutes’ lunch break (8 hours) Mondays
- 8am to 3.45pm with a 20 minute paid break less 30 minutes’ lunch break 7.25 hours/day (Tuesdays to Fridays)
Closing date for applications: Midday Monday 4 December 2023
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the week commencing 11 December 2023
Please read through the job pack for further information about this vacancy
Enquiries & How to Apply: If you would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit to the school, please contact The Headteacher’s PA email@example.com
Please return your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of The Headteacher’s PA, Longhill High School, Falmer Road, Rottingdean, Brighton BN2 7FR
Telephone: 01273 304086
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.