Higher Level Teaching Assistant (Level D) & Teaching Assistant (Level B) - combined role
Paid weeks per year: 47.36 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Start date: 2nd January 2024 or earlier if possible
We are looking to appoint three experienced and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistants to join our vibrant school.
1 x EYFS and KS1
2 x KS1 and KS2
A minimum of seven hours per week will be spent in the role of HLTA, covering whole classes for PPA. (All planning is done by the class teacher; the HLTA is responsible for preparing resources and delivering the learning.)
The remainder of this 30 hour role will be spent working as a Teaching Assistant in classrooms.
St. Andrew’s is a positive and progressive school and an exciting and rewarding place to work. We have a hardworking, friendly staff team who are united in the belief that we are all learning together. We are proud to be a Church of England school and our mission is, ‘To inspire a love of learning and live ‘life in all its fullness’ (John 10:10), ensuring everyone can flourish and be the best that they can be.’
About the role
The Successful candidate will have:
- Achieved the HLTA qualification or equivalent
- Be highly motivated and creative
- Be inspirational, very well organised with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- View working with children as a vocation and love their work
- Be a team player, with good interpersonal skills
- Be sympathetic and supportive of the Christian ethos (even if not a practising Christian)
- Be an excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core values of courage, curiosity, joy, love and respect
- Have high expectations of behaviour and achievement for all children
In Return we will give you:
- The opportunity to shine and share your strengths with others
- Freedom to innovate
- Truly remarkable, highly motivated children
- A fun, friendly, supportive staff team and school community
- Inspiring outdoor learning spaces
- The latest technology in classrooms
- On-going professional development
- Excellent support staff
- An engaged, active community in the centre of a diverse, inclusive and vibrant city
Full Time, Monday-Friday, 8.45am-3.15pm. HLTA Grade D/TA Grade B
We warmly welcome visits to the school. If you would like to make an appointment or have an informal discussion about the role with Sophie Thomas (Headteacher) or Jen Griffin (Deputy Headteacher), please contact the school office. Email: email@example.com Telephone number: 01273 770082
Closing date: Midday, Monday 27th November
Interview date: Friday 1st December
How to Apply: Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school office: Belfast Street, Hove, BN3 3YT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 770082
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.