Start date: 1st September 2023
Queen’s Park Primary School is seeking to appoint a clerk to governors, to start in September 2023.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to work in a friendly and inclusive school, where we are proud of our diverse school community. The Governing body works closely with the senior leadership team of the School, providing support and challenge during our exciting improvement journey. The Clerk’s job is to guide the chair and governing body through their administrative agenda.
If you have a passion for our children’s education and want to make a difference while maintaining a flexible work life balance this could be the perfect role for you.
About the role
- Providing high level advice, support and administrative assistance to our governing body.
- Organising and arranging meetings, taking minutes, keeping records and advising the governing body on local and national developments that will impact on their work.
- Maintaining records, completing returns and monitoring the policy review cycle.
- Facilitating the election of governors when required.
The successful candidate must have experience of minute-taking, good ICT and communication skills and to work independently using their own initiative. Training for Clerks is provided by the local authority, along with opportunities to network with other Clerks.
This position involves physically attending the school for meetings and also working flexibly from home. The person appointed will be required to attend governing body and committee meetings.
We have a total of six full governing body meetings and six finance committee meetings in a year which are between one and a half to two hours in duration. The Clerk works with the Chair of Governors to set times and dates for the meeting for each academic year. We respect the work/life balance of our Governors and staff and make sure that meeting times are suitable for everyone.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further information please contact our Vice Chair of Governors, Ingrid Laycock:
Application packs are available from the School Office:
Please email completed application forms to the Kelly Bassett School Business Manager:
If you would like to visits the school, please contact Kelly Bassett at email address above.
Queen’s Park Primary School is a large school in Brighton with 329 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school, we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child thrives and succeeds. You will be joining a dedicated staff team, where our vision is to provide, “A kind, inclusive learning community with high expectations for all,” for the children, staff and the wider school community.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer.
We are looking for:
- A person to play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school.
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices.
- A passion for working with the local community and developing wider partnerships.
- A well organised individual with strong interpersonal skills.
In turn we offer you:
- An incredibly dedicated, friendly and supportive team of Governors and staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- Enthusiastic children with a real desire to learn and be inspired.
Here you can:
- Make a difference
- Grow and develop
- Be part of a diverse community
Closing date: Midday, Friday 30th June
Interview date: Wednesday 5th July
Telephone: 01273 686822
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.