Teaching Assistant Position (Part Time) Nursery
15 hours per week: 8.45am – 3.15pm Mondays & Tuesdays (with a half-hour unpaid lunch break) 9.00am – 12.00pm Wednesdays.
Paid weeks per year: 46.36 (inclusive of holiday entitlement)
Scale 4a: £23,194 - £23,620 annual salary pro rata: £12.02 – £12.24 hourly rate pro rota.
Fixed term: 31st August 2024 (the circumstances around this position are subject to change which will mean if the position is no longer required; a one month notice period will be given in this instance)
Start date: Friday 1st September 2023
Bevendean Primary School and Nursery is looking for an inspirational, fun, energetic and experienced Teaching Assistant who has a passion for working and playing with children in our Nursery in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
About the role
The successful applicant will work alongside an extremely, supportive, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff. This role includes (but is not limited to):
- Supporting pupils with their learning, playing and social skills development
- Engaging with pupils in their learning environment (both inside and outside)
- Working with small groups and individual pupils
- Working with children with (Special Educational Needs) SEND needs such as autism, Speech & Language
- Building relationships with parents to support pupils in school
- Supporting pupils in the development of their personal and self-care skills e.g. getting changed from PE, using a knife and fork (the role will also include intimate care)
- Working as part of a team, sharing ideas and bringing a positive energy.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 19th June
Interview date: Thursday 29th June
Does this sound like you? A copy of the Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form can be downloaded from the school’s website:
Please contact the Headteacher, Mark Dally, at the school for more details. Visits to the school are encouraged so that you can see our great school in action – please phone to book an appointment. All applications should be submitted directly to email@example.com
Telephone: 01273 681292
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.