Individual Needs Assistant (Level B)
Paid weeks per year: 47.15 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Fixed term for: 2 Terms
Supporting a child who has ASC needs and Social Communication difficulties.
Start date: As soon as possible
The Governors of St Mary Magdalen’s Catholic Primary & Nursery School seek to appoint an individual needs assistant to work with a child, with specific needs, requiring tailored support to access learning and thrive in school. This position is permanent but as per the terms of an INA or SEND support contract, should the funding situation change during the year, or the pupil leaves school, this role may need to change, or will no longer exist, but there may be other vacancies available.
About the role
Successful candidates will:
- Support the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Be patient and able to stay calm, listen to and value the child;
- Have experience of working with children with special educational needs (SEND);
- Be able to help children progress and succeed in their education;
- Build positive relationships with children, their parents/carers and those they work closely with;
- Be suitably qualified for the post, ie: have good literacy and numeracy skills (to GCSE level or higher);
- Have an optimistic and positive attitude and be flexible to the demands of the job;
- Be able to work as part of a team and;
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Experience of Makaton is desirable but training can be given.
If you would like to work in our happy and dynamic school, we would like to hear from you. All applications MUST be made on a Catholic Education Service (CES) Form.
St Mary Magdalen’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the 'Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974’ and are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th June
Interview date: Thursday 30th June
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Spring Street, Brighton, BN1 3EF, firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: 01273 327533
Please ensure you apply with Catholic Education form, downloaded from below or Catholic Education Website
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.