Are you a creative, effective Teaching Assistant or have the desire to be one, a good team player and a positive thinker who inspires children to learn and believes every child can succeed? If so this is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic person to join in the future development of our successful primary school, with high standards of behaviour and achievement.
The role consists of general classroom TA responsibilities including group work, and working with children on a one to one basis. This post also includes the role of a Midday Meals Supervisor. In addition, for those who possess a HLTA qualification or equivalent there will be HLTA responsibilities within this position.
About the role
Teaching Assistant duties – 26.50 hours per week, term time only – Temporary Fixed Term Contract
Salary in the range of grade G3/G4 £18,562 to £19,698 p.a. pro-rata of full time equivalent
HLTA (for those qualified) – 2.25 hours per week, term time only – Temporary Fixed Term Contract
Salary in the range of grade G8 £25,991 to £28,672 p.a. pro-rata of full time equivalent
Midday Meals Supervisor duties - 2.50 hours per week, term time only – Temporary Fixed Term Contract
Salary in the range of grade G2 £18,198 to £18,562 p.a. pro-rata of full time equivalent
All Pay Scale points will be dependent on qualifications and experience
Qualities we are looking for in our Teaching Assistants
- An interest in and love of working with children
- Natural patience, enthusiasm and empathy with children who have specific needs
- Support individual children on a one-to-one basis and in a small group
- Contribute towards ILP reviews, annual reviews and target setting as well as working as part of a team
- The ability to enable all children, as individuals, to thrive in your care
- Passion and initiative in delivering and supporting stimulating learning opportunities for children
- Good communication and IT skills; be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with professionals
- Have a positive approach and be flexible to the demands of the job
- A team player as well as using your own initiative
We can offer:-
- An outstanding, thriving, creative school at the heart of the community with happy, motivated children who are keen to learn
- An attractive, nurturing and stimulating environment
- A collaborative team culture where all are valued and skills developed
- A school committed to Continued Professional Development
Upper Beeding Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful appointment will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check, references, medical and qualification checks.
If you are interested in developing your career further and wish to work in a friendly and supportive atmosphere we would be very pleased to show you what our school has to offer you. Please view our website for further information and a flavour of school life here at Upper Beeding Primary School. You can also follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/beedingprimary.
School visits are encouraged, please call the school on 01903 812288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an enquiry. If you have any questions that you would like to ask please email for the attention of the Headteacher. Additional information and an application form can be found alongside this advert. Applications can be sent by email or post.
Closing date: 2nd December 2021 at 12.00 noon
Intended date for interviews: 7th December 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Please ensure you apply with the WSCC application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.