Help to save energy for private tenants and property owners

If you own your property or get permission from your landlord, energy suppliers can help to make your home more energy efficient.

Energy Company Obligation

Under the Energy Company Obligation (ECO), energy suppliers pay for things to improve energy efficiency in households across the country.

Suppliers can provide:

  • wall insulation
  • loft insulation
  • boiler repairs or replacement
  • heating measures such as a smart thermostat

Who can apply

You need to own your property or get permission from your landlord to apply for the ECO.

There are other criteria you should check before you apply.

You can also use the Ofgem postcode checker to check if your address can get help from the ECO.

How to apply

To ask for ECO help you can: