Our current turnaround time for results is 24 to 48 hours.
Local Authority Search
We have a statutory duty to maintain the register of Local Land Charges affecting land and property in Brighton & Hove however we do not have information on private land ownership or property boundaries, enquiries about these should be made to Land Registry.
To complete a local authority search, you will need to send us two copies of the completed local authority search request form (PDF 142 KB) also available as a word document - local authority search request form (Word 110KB). The forms are also available from all legal stationers and is called the LLC1/CON29.
Send these in an email to email@example.com.
You will also need to include:
- two copies of the site location plan with the search site outlined in red
- as much information about the property as possible, for example the flat number and floor
- details of any other optional and additional enquires you have
- location plans of footpaths or roads for which you want information (Box C in Con 29 form), including their name
Once we have received your information correctly, we will request a payment from you to complete the search.
You can make a payment online.
You can also view our local land charge fees.
Alternatively, companies can now use our faster and easier email service. To sign up, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your company details. In doing so, you are agreeing to the following conditions:
- applications by email cannot be cancelled
- fees will be paid within 28 days of the invoice
- failure to pay will result in your account being suspended
Once you have done this, you will receive a unique customer reference number. You can then start scanning your searches and return them to us straight away.
You will be sent a monthly bill of your processed search fees.