Request permission to make alterations or improvements to your council property

Tenants and leaseholders have the right to make improvements to their homes, but they must get permission before any work starts.

Use this form to:

  • ask permission to make alterations or improvements to a property 

Tenants and leaseholders also need to find their own qualified trades people. Some works may also require planning permission, building regulation consent or highways approval. You should read the guidance on our website.

you'll need to tell us:

  • your contact details
  • your National Insurance number
  • details of the alterations

If you are sending us supporting documents you can upload them to the form.

If you need help completing this form you can:

We process, analyse and use your data in a range of ways to better understand what our customers need and to improve the way in which the council delivers your services.

Find more information about how we use your data in our privacy and data notice.