Apply for the gardening scheme

Use this form to:

  • apply for the the gardening scheme to look after your garden

To apply you need to:

  • be a council tenant
  • be aged 70 or over
  • be currently receiving Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance and Housing Benefit
  • have no one living in the property with you who is able to help with your garden
  • have no rent arrears or current legal notices against your tenancy
  • not be in the process of buying your council property under the Right to Buy
  • not have an allotment

You'll also need to:

  • tell us what you would like to do to your garden
  • give us a contact phone number or email address
  • give proof that you get Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment or Attendance Allowance and Housing Benefit

If you need help you can:

You don’t need to reapply every year unless your circumstances have changed.