Apply to buy your council home

Get an application form to buy your council home through the Right to Buy scheme.

Right to Buy

The Right to Buy scheme allows most council tenants to apply to buy their council home at a discount.

They can help you by:

  • telling you if you can apply
  • working out your discount
  • completing your application

You can find more information in our Right to Buy guide.

Who can apply

You can apply to buy your home if:

  • you've been a council or housing association tenant for at least 3 years
  • you're the secure tenant of your home

You can't apply if:

  • you're bankrupt
  • you have a possession order
  • you live in seniors housing

Certain family members who live with you may be able to share your Right to Buy. Contact us for more details by:

How to apply

To apply you need to download and fill in the following forms:

You can then post them to Brighton & Hove City Council, Leasehold team, Housing Centre, Unit 1 Fairway Trading Estate, Eastergate Road, BN2 4QE.

We can also send you all of the forms by post. You can ask us to do this by:

Identification check

You'll need to show us documents to prove your identity and current address.

You can view our Right to Buy document guide to check what you need to include with your application.