Housing Benefit - report a rent change

Use this form to report a rent change if you're on Housing benefit. 

This form only collects information if your rent has increased or decreased. If you have moved to a new property please complete a change of address form instead.

If you are a council tenant, you don't need to tell us your rent has changed. The Housing department will let us know.

You will need to tell us:

  • your name, address and contact details
  • any other names you have used in the past
  • your National Insurance Number and Claim Reference Number
  • when your rent changed
  • how much your new rent is 

You will need to show us either:

  • a new tenancy agreement
  • a new letter signed by your landlord or agent containing:
    • name and address of landlord, agent or Housing Association
    • agreement start date
    • amount of rent payable
    • what is included in the rent
    • payment frequency, for example weekly or monthly

If you need help you can:

We process, analyse and use your data in a range of ways to better understand what our customers need and to improve the way in which the council delivers your services.
Find more information about how we use your data in our privacy and data notice.