What type of work does the grant help with?
The grant helps toward the cost of any urgent home repairs and removing any urgent hazards identified by the discharge to assess team within a day or two of discharge.
The grant is relatively unspecified, the type of work the grant is intended to cover includes:
- minor work, such as clutter clearance and deep cleaning
- urgent home repairs
- heating systems repaired/emergency heating provided
- emergency locksmith services
- replacement beds and mattresses
- emergency food parcels
- essential electrical appliances, such as microwaves, cookers, fridges, etc
- emergency pest control services
The grant can also provide interpreting and/or British Sign Language support for patients who require it to facilitate their application and engagement with the service.