Support with your sexual health

How to get information, advice and support with your sexual health, or the health of someone you know.

Where to get help

Anyone can get free confidential advice from the Brighton & Hove Sexual Health and Contraception Service (SHAC)

SHAC have three locations across the city, and their services include:

You can get contraception from your GP or family doctor. This includes the pill, implants, coil, and injections. 

If you’re under 25 years old, you can get free emergency contraception, from a community pharmacy. They also offer chlamydia testing and treatment to people under 25 years old and their partners. 

You can find more information and advice about sexual health on NHS.UK, or search the Health and Adult Social Care directory. for local sexual health support.

Support with HIV

Terrence Higgins Trust can give you support, advice and information about sexual health and HIV. They offer local HIV and STI testing, counselling, advice on PrEP / PEP and information if you’ve just found out you’re HIV positive. Phone them on 01273 764 200.

You can order a free self-sampling HIV and Syphilis kit to be sent to you through the post

There are many other way you can get an HIV test in the city. Use the NHS.UK search for local HIV testing services. 

Find other ways to get an HIV test in Brighton & Hove. 


Go to our Monkeypox page to find out what it is and what to do if you think you have symptoms.