Help to stop smoking
Find out where you can get help to stop smoking, including support to quit at home and information and advice on stop smoking treatments and e-cigarettes.
Stopping smoking is one of the best things you can do to improve your health. Stopping smoking can feel overwhelming, especially if you have smoked for a long time, but getting the right support gives you the best chance of quitting.
Support from your local pharmacy
The quickest way to get support is via your local pharmacy.
Stop smoking pharmacies offer free support with a trained advisor, including:
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) (standard prescription charges will apply)
- 1-2-1 behaviour change support for up to 4 weeks
There is usually no waiting list for this service.
Support depends on staff availability. Contact the pharmacy directly to find out more.
Pharmacies offering Stop Smoking Service for ages 16+
- Brighton Community Pharmacy (Medraf)
- Coldean Pharmacy
- Fields Pharmacy
- Harper's Pharmacy (Aun Health Services)
- Kamsons Pharmacy - Wellsbourne Whitehawk
Pharmacies offering Stop Smoking Service for ages 18+
Health Trainer extended Stop Smoking Service
You can also get free support from a health trainer. This extended service includes
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) - standard prescription charges apply
- 1-2-1 behaviour change support for up to 12 weeks
- support provided remotely or in person
There may be a short wait for this service.
If you would like to see a health trainer for stop-smoking support, complete the Healthy Lifestyles Team self-referral form.
If you can’t leave your house easily because of a long-term health condition or illness, a stop-smoking advisor can come to you.
Contact the Pharmacy directly to access this service.
Address: 38 to 40 Eldred Avenue, Westdean, BN1 5EG.
Phone: 01273 502 447.
Other support available
Other free support is available on the:
Find more information and support from:
- NHS stop smoking treatments
- Cancer Research UK’s leaflet ‘Be a non-smoker, cut your cancer risk’
- download Asthma + Lung UK’s leaflet ‘How to Stop Smoking’
- information on Smoking and Heart health from the British Heart Foundation
- information and factsheets from The National Centre for Smoking Cessation and Training