Join the Healthwalks World Walking Challenge
Find out how to get involved in the virtual charity walking challenge from Wales to Everest.
How it works
We’ve teamed up with the World Walking charity so we can put our combined walking miles towards a virtual walking challenge from Wales to Everest. All the miles the challenge group do will go towards the journey.
When we reach Everest, we’ll be giving away 2 £20 John Lewis vouchers to those who have walked the furthest. There will also be a prize for someone picked at random from all walkers.
You can find information about the places you virtually walk through, as well as milestones, on the World Walk website or app.
You can take part:
- on your own
- with one person from outside your household or support bubble
- with your household or support bubble
Every mile you walk and log with the group will help us reach Everest!
How to take part
You can join the Healthwalks World Walking Challenge Facebook group.
In the group you’ll:
- find step/mile logging sheets
- chat and share routes and photos with other challenge walkers
- see updates on the challenge
World Walking app or website
- Download the World Walking app onto your smartphone, if you have one, or you can take part online through the World Walking website
- Create your profile and join our World Walking Healthwalks Challenge - this should only take a couple of minutes
- Log your miles - you can do this by using an existing tracking app (like Strava) or the walking challenge log sheets, which you can get from the Facebook group, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01273 294 589
- Bank your steps - select the Healthwalks World Walking Challenge group from your dashboard, go to the ‘our walks’ section and select the Everest walk
- ‘Spend’ your miles into the walk and watch the grand total increase
You’ll also be able to see where we are on the walk route and find information about the places we’ve virtually visited on the way.
Stay up to date on where you are on the leaderboard by visiting the group page.
If you’re having trouble using the app or website, you can find information about how to use World Walking in their help section.
You can join our Healthwalks WhatsApp group directly, or send an email to email@example.com with your phone number. Then we’ll add you to the group. If you email us, we’ll also give you copies of the walking logs.
You can then take part online through the World Walking website, or we can enter your steps into the World Walking Everest challenge for you.
In the group you can:
- keep in touch with other walkers
- share ideas
- keep up to date with our news
If you don’t use the internet or have a smartphone
Phone 01273 294 589 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will arrange to send you the walking logs by post.
Get in touch to give us your updated steps so we can enter them into the World Walking Everest challenge for you.
Remember to walk safely
Remember, you can:
- exercise once a day outdoors with members of your household or support bubble for up to one hour
- walk as an individual with one other person from another household
Make sure you:
- keep a physical distance of 2 metres from anyone outside your household or support bubble wherever possible and wear a mask
- stay local wherever you can - if you must drive, stay within 7 miles of your home
- wash your hands when you get home