This card shows some common things people do in an argument.
When you can recognise these, you can change the way your arguments play out.
Share this card
Which of these do you do?
- Bottle things up and then have a rant
- Get overwhelmed by your feelings
- Sulk or give the silent treatment
Think about a recent argument you had with your partner.
What did you do?
- How do you think that made your partner feel?
- What did your partner do in response?
- How did that make you feel?
- If you have children, how do you think this made them feel?
When you are stressed or angry, it’s harder to stay calm and in control. But learning to recognise your own behaviour can help you to stop future arguments from getting out of hand.