The Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH), Early Help Hub and Family Information Service have merged to become the Front Door for Families.
The service is made up of professionals with different areas of expertise who work together to assess, decide and coordinate how best to support children, young people and their families where there are concerns.
The Front Door for Families service includes:
- Referral Officers who receive your calls, e-mails and online notifications. They provide information, advice and guidance
- Social Workers who assess the needs or concerns you’ve raised about a child or young person
- Police Officers who assess information and notifications about children and young people who come to their attention
- Specialist Nurse Safeguarding Children who gather health information and assess the risk and impact on the children’s development and well-being
- Education Safeguarding Officers who advise schools where there are safeguarding needs identified for a child
- Family Coaches who triage contacts that meet the threshold for targeted Early Help and Parenting Support and will assist partner agencies in setting up Team Around the Family meetings and plans
How the service works
The Front Door For Families encourages contacts from anyone concerned about the needs of children or families.
The online Threshold Document and Interactive Framework outlines in full the levels of need and whether the concerns that you have are appropriate for referral in to the Front Door for Families.
When The Front Door For Families is contacted about a concern or a request for help we consider the contact on the day it is received and then make a decision about the outcome with 72 hours. This can be for a Social Work intervention, Early Help support or we log the information with no further action. Early Help support may include advice and information, parenting support, care coordination or a family coach.
Resources for professionals
Download the Early Help Strengthening Family Assessment form (MS Word 187KB) and the Early Help Strengthening Families Plan and Review (MS Word 184KB).
Get in touch online
Use our online form if you want to tell us about a child you are worried about, or need advice.
Other ways to contact us
Email the team at FrontDoorforFamilies@brighton-hove.gov.uk.
Telephone 01273 290400 during working hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 9.00am to 4.30pm on Fridays).
Outside of our working hours please contact the Emergency Duty Service on 01273 335 905 or 01273 335 906.