Fostering and adoption
Find out about fostering and adoption in Brighton & Hove.
We have two separate websites telling you all you need to know about fostering and adoption in Brighton & Hove.
- Fostering in Brighton & Hove - information and advice for current and future foster carers
- Adopting in Brighton & Hove - find out about adopting a child and support for adopters
Foster carers provide a safe, stable, nurturing home where a child or young person can live while their own family is unable to look after them.
The Brighton & Hove fostering team and the adoption team work closely together.
Adoption is a separate process from fostering. It is a process which transfers all legal responsibility for a child to their new parent(s).
“Fostering; I always say that our family has the room in our hearts and the room in our home to foster a child.”
Brighton & Hove Fostering Family
“We're not angels. We're just normal people giving children who've had problems a home."
Brighton & Hove Foster Carer
Want to find out more about fostering or adopting for Brighton & Hove City Council?
We provide regular information days where you can meet the teams, learn about the application process and have an opportunity to talk to foster parents and adopters.
Contact our fostering recruitment team
Make an enquiry about adoption
You can also call us for a friendly chat on 01273 295444 or email us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up with the latest news by liking our Fostering for Brighton & Hove Facebook page
- The adoption passport - a support guide for adopters in Brighton & Hove
- Information about adoption and fostering on GOV.UK website
- The Fostering Network
- Coram BAAF (formerly The British Association for Adoption and Fostering)
- Adoption UK