Planning Permission

If you are planning to work with assistants or another childminder you may need to apply for planning permission.  In Brighton and Hove if you have more than six children on your premises at any one time then this is classed as intensification of use and planning permission should be sought. You can contact planning on 292222 for any further advice.

Key Person

If you work with another childminder or an assistant you will need to have a Key Person system in place. The Guidance to a Key Person (PDF 17KB) fact sheet explains this.  Also, the Guide to recruiting and managing childcare staff has lots of information to support you.