Getting your childminder documents organised

Advice for childminders on what documents you need for your childcare business.

You can use the Document Checklist to make sure you have all the relevant documentation in place.

You MUST have up to date Public Liability Insurance. It is also advisable to use official contracts, record forms, and accident and incident books. These are available from PACEY or  Morton Michel. Your contracts should include details of who has parental responsibility.

If you process information about your childminding business on a computer, or store digital photographs you will need to register with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).

The Pre-School Learning Alliance Retention Periods for Records lists requirements and recommendations on the length of time you must retain records.  This information can either be stored electronically or on paper.