Early Years child development training
The government have set up online training which provides support and guidance for the early years sector. Get free online training from the DfE.
Module 4 is all about supporting language development in young children and there will be further modules released in the near future.
Also available is the Help for Early Years Providers pages. There is a section on expressive arts and design with videos and ideas to support play and development.
Exploring and using media and materials
- a brief reminder about the importance of creativity, including music, in the early years from Early Arts
- singing new songs - excellent article by Marjorie Ouvry, an expert in music and early years
- music – this article makes the case of the benefits for young children of experiencing live music from PACEY
- highly recommended, free booklet about woodwork in the early years is available from Community Playthings
- rice and ice – unusual idea for a cross-curricular tactile activity from Learning 4 Kids
- an article and interesting ideas for water play is here – professional judgement is recommended re some of the ‘water play enhancers’ suggestions! From Community Playthings
- expressive arts - stay outside to explore sound from Teachwire.
- blog from Alistair Bryce Clegg about presenting and developing play with sand using cardboard dividers
- a simple way to make a cardboard easel from Artbar
- Ice! Try these activities from Science Sparks
- browse this extensive collection of creative possibilities, collated by EarlyArts