About Early Years Jobs
This service has been operating since 2002 and continues to be popular with both employers and jobseekers. The Early Years team at Brighton & Hove City Council produces this publication on behalf of childcare employers and provides advertising and safer recruitment support and guidance. It's the most up to date list of early years and childcare jobs in and around Brighton & Hove.
How to advertise a job
Simply complete and submit the online form and pay for your required package of support.
When your job will be published
There will be no uploads Thursday 21 April 2022 during the second week of the Easter half term. We are back again on Thursday 27 April 2022.
Where your job will appear
Early Years Jobs is published via:
- weekly email alert: distributed to around 1,860 jobseekers, early years and out-of-school providers, children’s centres, libraries, colleges, job centres and employment agencies
- Facebook: updated weekly on our Early Years and Childcare Facebook page
- Twitter: all new individual jobs are posted weekly and the full publication is posted several times a week @EarlyYearsJobs
- website: uploaded weekly to Brighton & Hove City Council website. Historically this document has been the third most downloaded from the council website
- careers events: distributed at various events throughout the year
Packages of support
There are 2 packages of support available for you to choose from:
- Standard 'Advert Support' package
- 'Jobs Plus' package
What happens after you apply
On receipt of your online application, an automated email will come back to you thanking you for your request. You'll receive expert support on the content of your advert and receive recommendations where necessary. All recommendations are to enhance the quality, ensure safer recruitment guidance and employment law is followed and to ensure you get the most from the service.
You'll be emailed a proof copy of your advert and be asked to read and check the advert content before we make it live. Please note that adverts will not be published until payment has been received and adverts have been confirmed.
How much it costs
Advert support package
- there is currently no charge for Ofsted registered childcare employers and other childcare related businesses in Brighton & Hove to advertise on Early Years Jobs
- £120 per job advert for Ofsted registered childcare employers and other childcare related businesses outside of Brighton & Hove
All requests will be individually assessed to ensure jobs are appropriate and relevant to our target market of jobseekers. The final decision will be made by Brighton & Hove City Council's Early Years team.
Jobs plus package
The cost for our Jobs Plus package is £140 per job advert for Ofsted registered childcare employers and other childcare related businesses in Brighton & Hove and £240 per job advert for businesses located outside of Brighton & Hove.
This package includes the standard advert support package plus a member of our recruitment team coming to help you with short-listing and scrutinising the completed application forms as well as sitting on your interview panel to support you with interviewing the candidates.
All employers have the responsibility for ensuring that recruitment policies and processes are in place and that they meet employment law and safer recruitment guidance.
View our guide to recruiting and managing staff web page for e-learning, guidance, factsheets and example templates.
If you have any further queries about this service, please email email@example.com.