What's Out There? 2019
What’s Out There? is a free event showcasing the information, support, services and activities available for people with learning disabilities and autism in the city. The event is open to anyone with learning disabilities, as well as family, carers, and anyone else interested in finding out more.
‘What’s Out There?’, 10am-3pm, Thursday 18 July 2019, at BHASVIC Brighton
Throughout the day, there will be a range of more than 40 information stands where you can find out about local housing, money, health and support services. This year this will include opportunities for young people to find out more about education and employment options.
Service providers that will be available to talk to on the day include:
- Accommodation - Aspens, Care Management Group (CMG), Crossroads, Mencap Brighton & Hove, Shared Lives
- Activities - Albion in the Community, AMBITO - Fandance, Aspens Day Service, Carousel, Creative Together at Hove Museum, Edge, Fabrica, Grace Eyre, Open Strings, Phoenix Theatre Company, Rocket Artists
- Education & employment - American Express, Brighton Dome & Brighton Fringe, Brighton & Hove City Council Supported Employment team, Cherish 16-25 Youth Clubs, Community Works Volunteer Centre, Downs View School, Jobcentre, The MET (previously Brighton & Hove City College), One Church Brighton, People Plus, Plumpton College, Pyramid Educational Consultant UK Ltd, Skills Training UK, Sussex Police, Team Domenica, Whitehead Ross Education & Consulting, YMCA Positive Placements, Youth Employability service
- Having a say - Brighton & Hove City Council, Customer Feedback team, FED Possability People, Healthwatch, Speakout
- Health - Audiology & SALT, Bowel Cancer Screening, CLDT, Falls Prevention, Food & Friendship, Healthy Lifestyles, Mencap, Mental Health & Wellbeing, Mind, Oral Health, Pavilions Drug & Alcohol Service, SeeAbility, Sexual Health & Contraception Service (SHAC), Sleep Hygiene, Terrence Higgins Trust
- Support - Amaze, Banardos, The Carer's Centre, Blue Badge, Brighton & Hove Buses
There will also be a range of physical activities to try out in the Sports Hall.
|10.30 - 11.30am||Capoeira||Amazona Arts|
|11.30am - 12 noon||New Age Kurling||Jackie Wood - Freedom Leisure|
|12 noon - 12.30pm||Lunch|
|12.30 - 1.15pm||Hula hooping||Live Love Hoop|
|1 - 1.30pm||Badminton raquet skills||Badminton England|
|1.30 - 2.15pm||Boccia (games, targets & competition)||Angela - Healthy Lifestyles team|
|2.15 - 3pm||FUNKFIT||Tunde Pala|
Find out more
Lunch is not provided but soft drinks will be. You are welcome to bring your lunch to eat on the day, indoor and outdoor space is available for eating.
The venue is wheelchair accessible and a sound loop is available.
For more information, or advice on specific access requirements, please email WhatsOutThere@brighton-hove.gov.uk or call 01273 295550
Have a look at last year's event.