Report an unlicensed animal activity business

Find out how to report an animal activity business that doesn't have a licence.

Most animal businesses require a licence. If they're not on our list of animal activity licence holders, they may not have a licence.

How to report it

You can report an unlicensed business to our animal warden team. Send an email to or phone 01273 294 266. 

In your report, please tell us:

  • the business, personal name and address where the activity takes place
  • details of the service
  • details of your experience with the business 
  • why you believe they’re operating without a licence

We’ll decide if there’s enough evidence for a full investigation. 

If we do investigate, you may need to give a formal written statement. You may also need to make a declaration to support the council as a witness. 

Your personal details will be confidential unless the investigation becomes a legal matter.

Read our animal wardens complaint or query privacy notice for information on how we collect, store and process your data.