Find a registered dog walker
Find a professional dog walker in Brighton & Hove, or register your dog walking business with us.
The professional dog walkers scheme promotes the highest standards for Brighton & Hove dog walking companies.
It’s a voluntary scheme. The dog walkers who register with us agree to the professional dog walkers code of conduct.
These businesses are part of our professional dog walkers scheme:
- Active Dog Walking Brighton - 07428 068 140
- Brighton Barkers - 07981 755 034
- Brighton Dog Adventures - 07507 337 599 or 01273 626 622
- Doggy Day Trailz - 07823 778 448
- Dogs Butler Ltd - 07415 182 538
- Dogs Club - 07966 576 705
- East Brighton Dog Walking Services - 07983 003 489
- Growlers Pet Services - 07951 126 346
- Hugo and Hounds - 07508 056 770
- Juppspupz Dog Walking - 07957 622 211
- Katie's Pet Services - 07916 872 952
- Lead The Way - 07890 333 593
- Little Paws - 07946 523 899
- Outdoor Hounds - 07730 446 456
- Pup Cult - 07376 670 845
- Ramble Pups Ltd - 07527 279 687
- 6Pack Walkies – 07932 318 225
- Ted and Dolly's Pet Services - 07789 644 029
- The Woof Pack - 07720 842 733
- Waggle & Ramble - 07745 980 150
- Waggles & Whiskers - 07875 291 157 or 01273 606 259
- Wags and Whiskers - 07932 576 633
- Woody's Walks - 07813 434 447
- Your Pet's Friends - 07447 073 431
- Zefather's – 07983 581 110
Become a registered dog walker
The scheme is free to join.
To sign up, please read the professional dog walkers code of conduct and privacy notice. Then complete the application, and insurance forms.
Send your forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Animal Warden Team, Brighton & Hove City Council, 2nd Floor Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton, BN1 1JE.
Professional dog walkers code of conduct
We recognise the importance of promoting responsible dog walking. Dog walking companies must treat the safety and welfare of dogs and people as their top priority.
To follow our standards, we invite you to agree to:
- get your clients to sign an agreement and consent form, about the safety and wellbeing of their pets while you look after them
- clean up after the dogs you look after
- keep the dogs you look after under proper control, in line with the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and The Dogs Act 1871
- familiarise yourself with Section 4 and Section 9 of the Animal Welfare Act 2006
- make sure your dog walkers wear an identification badge with the company name and contact details when walking dogs in public
- attach visible identification to the dogs with details of your company, as well as the tag with the owner's details
- keep up to date with any changes in the law on micro-chipping and dangerous dogs
- do everything you can to reduce the impact on other park users of walking many dogs
- provide appropriate insurance cover for the business
- only exercise the number of dogs covered by your insurance policy and keep them under control in line with dog laws
- only transport dogs in vehicles that are fit for purpose, with current insurance, tax, MOT and efficient heat and temperature control
- make sure the vehicle is ventilated properly for the size of the vehicle and number of dogs
- have a good knowledge of dog behaviour and skills in dog training and handling
- have a sound knowledge of canine first aid
- register with a local vet
- have a plan of action in the event of an emergency
DEFRA transport requirements state you must also agree to always carry clean, fresh drinking water and clean bowls to offer dogs after exercise.
You must not restrain dogs by leashes or chains within the vehicles. Cages or containment in your vehicle must be suitable for the size and number of dogs, to safely transport them.
Ideally, cage doors should be fitted to the vehicle.