Directory of youth services
This directory has been put together by Brighton & Hove City Council, local charities, community groups and businesses who have adapted their normal youth offer in light of social distancing guidance.
Active for Life
Active for Life is a project run by Brighton & Hove City Council to support people in the city to lead active lifestyles. For more information on the Active for Life Project please contact the Healthy Lifestyles Team by phoning 01273 294 589 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Albion in the Community
Albion in the Community offer online engagement and 1-2-1 support over the phone.
Find out more about what Albion in the Community offers.
Allsorts Youth Project
Allsorts Youth Project is delivering one-to-one emotional support, groups and advocacy through Zoom and phone. Youth group activities include games, workshops and sessions on wellbeing.
All new young people interested in accessing Allsorts will need to have a video call with a youth worker.
Find out more about the Allsorts Youth Project.
- 1-2-1 phone call check ins, including a focus on the 5 ways to wellbeing and techniques on resilience
- 1-2-1 careers advice and next steps guidance around education, employment and training options - building aspiration and supporting young people to look to the future
- new fortnightly online newsletter gathering resources and tips
- interactive 'challenges' on WhatsApp group
- planning virtual group sessions
To contact Amazing Futures peer support, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To speak to someone about careers guidance, send an email to email@example.com.
Find out more about Amaze.
- online delivery of Shift through Zoom
- advice and support content on social media
- online tutorials content - this is being put together by practitioners
- database of free courses/resources
- youth consultation
- partnerships with music provider - Charanga/ Education & Bass
- online challenges and competitions - coming soon
- online collaboration projects - in development
- group feedback and question and answer sessions - in development
- 'artist takeovers' of social media - coming soon
- new partnerships - in development
Find out more about AudioActive.
Back on Track Young People’s Outreach Work
Outreach work with young people affected by parental substance use.
Usual service offer to young people, delivered virtually. All enquiries will receive a screening / initial assessment, but it may be that higher risk young people are prioritised.
Open 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 9am to 4pm on Fridays.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01273 293 966.
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The BMEYPP offers:
- regular text messages to all members
- 1-2-1 support through phone calls, emails and messages, and text messages to members
- group meetings with some invited young people and young volunteers
- online social groups - in development
Blatchington Court Trust
Blatchington Court Trust is a charity supporting certified vision impaired people up to the age of 30 throughout Sussex.
- remote counselling - mentoring and life-coaching
- indirect 1:1 support
- remote support with education and employment
- remote activities including quizzes, gaming and chats
- emotional support
Only open to existing registered clients. Anyone eligible can ask to be registered by sending an email to email@example.com.
Boys Brigade Brighton & Hove Battalion
- maintaining contact with families currently registered
- Boys Brigade at home activities
Brighton & Hove City Council Youth Participation Team
The Youth Participation Team offers:
- regular contact with the 18 plus age group through WhatsApp group
- email contact with younger people through foster carers
- phone calls and texts
- involving through conference calls
To get in touch, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brighton & Hove Youth Council
New social media group, text, phone and email.
Find out more about Brighton & Hove Youth Council.
Brighton Table Tennis Club
Community table tennis club offering free and low-cost sessions to young people.
The current BTTC offer includes:
- 4 x a-week fitness sessions on zoom
- the Daily Show catch up at 5pm Mon to Sat
- BTTC Radio all on Zoom
Brighton Youth Centre (BYC)
Brighton Youth Centre offers:
- 2 online open youth club sessions on Zoom
- daily contact on Instagram and Facebook
- weekly online recreation group mental health support
- weekly adopted young people online group
- BYC Corona Diary - daily Instagram story
Find more information about Brighton Youth Centre.
- weekly program of online activities, social chat spaces, meditation sessions, resilience building, finding strengths sessions
- ongoing check-ins with members of staff youth team
- supported peer support
- media volunteering
- ongoing video project inviting young adult to share experiences during this time
- online counselling for existing clients
- communication with mentors over email or google hangouts
Telephone support service for young people with special educational needs and disabilities and parent carers.
Online and virtual offer of activities and virtual timetable launching 6 April.
Kidz Klub Brighton and Hove Ltd
Providing quality activities and help for children and young people, working in partnership with local churches.
Please send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Mentivity is an inspirational mentoring organisation and alternative educational provision delivering across London & Brighton.
- weekly IG live talk show
- 1:1 mentoring and support sessions,
- group conversation based learning & support sessions,
- physical activity sessions - beginner, intermediate & advanced,
- drop in & chill sessions - Virtual Youth Club
Pick Your Own
Pick Your Own offers:
- 1-2-1 digital connection and mentoring
- information about and invitation to online activities
Find out more about Pick Your Own. You can get in touch by:
- visiting their website
- phoning or texting 07725 472346
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- visiting the Pick Your Own Facebook page
- visiting the Pick Your Own Instagram page
Online Adolescent Girls arts+ Wellbeing Group. Sending out resources, currently creating a new page with info and resources on RISE website. Soon to be launching live chat.
Get a referral by phoning 01273 622 828.
Under 18s substance use and sexual health service. Usual service offer to young people, parents/ carers and professionals, delivered virtually.
All enquiries will receive a screening / initial assessment but it may be that we prioritise higher risk young people.
Open Monday to Thursday from 9am to 5pm, and 9am to 4pm on Fridays.
Schools Wellbeing Service (BHISS)
The Schools Wellbeing Service offers:
- virtual therapeutic 1-2-1 and group work
- working with schools to monitor pupils who are at risk with regards mental health
- providing activities and resources to schools to be shared with parents and young people
- consultation line open daily for parents and professionals to contact with specific concerns around young people
Find out more about the Schools Wellbeing Service.
To get in touch, send an email to SWSConsultationLine@brighton-hove.gov.uk, or phone 01273 293 481.
Emotional Support for young people age 8 to 18 years old with sensory needs, via Zoom (counsellor facilitated) peer group support.
This offers a safe emotionally supportive space to meet other young people online in similar situations, or with similar issues and talk about feelings and issues coming up at present.
Telephone and Zoom Video 1-2-1 support and counselling. If this is not available or suitable there are other appropriate counselling services like:
- Zoom video creative activities
- storytelling sessions
- online friendship messaging
- support forum via Slack
Sew Fabulous offers:
- Zoom meet ups (current students only)
- project sent in the post to existing students
- free online resources
- projects to follow
Existing students have the information by email.
Find out more about Sew Fabulous.
Independent Sexual Violence Advisor Service:
- 1-2-1 support provided over text, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, phone
Young persons therapy:
- 1-2-1 sessions over Zoom, Skype, phone and some text.
Normal referral pathways still apply. Police/SARC/Professionals can use the forms they have, or one downloaded from our website.
Make a self-referral through the Survivors' Network website.
Sussex Clubs for Young People
Sussex Clubs for Young People offers:
- virtual and phone support to young people known to us
- online group work through Facebook or Instagram
Most staff are on furlough, but are willing to respond to community safety teams or police with support for young people. This is subject to being given key worker status.
Sussex Prisoners' Families
Sussex Prisoners' Families offers family activities.
Tarner Community Project (#gojoinourclub)
Tarner Community Project offers:
- remote delivery Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- sharing information through Brighton Youth Opportunities Facebook group
- online general support
- phone support
- 2 weekly closed sessions
- Instagram / Facebook presence
- physically delivering newsletters / info in community (Tarner - Kingswood / Milner Estate / Phoenix Estate)
The Hangleton and Knoll Project
The Hangleton and Knoll Project offers:
- check in phone calls, phone or text chat, FB messenger for teens
- 1-2-1 case work and coaching online and telephones referrals from School Nurse Team, community and Police
- Monday to Friday, midday to 8pm social media mix of groups, instant messaging
- Facebook groups include all normal group work sessions but as online chat, ways to manage anxiety, puzzles and games and Corona free zone
- 1-2-1 online and phone support - targeted at identified young people but open to all who make contact
- youth volunteering meeting through Zoom and hoping to start working with young people as youth response to community covid issues
To get in touch, phone Briony on 07801 537999 or through the Hangleton and Knoll Project Facebook page.
The Trust for Developing Communities
The Trust for Developing Communities offers:
- online group hangout spaces
- social media challenges, fun, games and activities
- wellbeing sessions
- 1-2-1 phone call check-ins
- 1-2-1 health and wellbeing youth work
- 1-2-1 youth coaching
- Youth Worker available to chat on Instagram and Facebook, weekdays midday to 8pm
To get in touch, send an email to email@example.com.
TouchBase Centre CiC
TouchBase offers support to people aged between 5 and 25 years old.
They support people recovering from abuse, neglect and other adverse childhood experiences and their carers, adoptive parents and the education and social care professionals around them.
TouchBase Centre offers:
- individual therapy
- dyadic developmental psychotherapy
- Seguridad through Zoom
- one-off therapeutic consultations at very reduced rates for young people themselves or anyone supporting
To get in touch, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitehead Ross offers:
- Youth Engagement and Future Focus programmes as distance learning / remote working
- engagement activities, including motivational and wellness activities
- Future Focus consists of vocational qualifications
- 1-2-1 support
Current working days/hours are: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9am to 3.30pm.
To get in touch, send an email to email@example.com or phone 07795 975973.
YMCA Positive Placements
YMCA Positive Placements offers:
- mentoring - getting support to set and work on goals to do with general wellbeing, mental health, education, employment or training
- communicating with a mentor over the phone, by email, or video chat for roughly an hour a week
To get i touch, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Coaching service in partnership with Trust for Developing Communities, Hangleton and Knoll Project, Audio Active.
YMCA Reboot offers:
- 1-2-1 support is being continued remotely over the phone or video call
- referral processes are changing - further information will be provided as soon as is possible
To get in touch, send an email to email@example.com.
YMCA Right Here
Find more information about YMCA Right Here.
1-2-1 support is still being provided over the phone, video calls - including Zoom and WhatsApp. Referrals are still being accepted, but there is currently a small waiting list. Young people are triaged and prioritised according to need.
The Ambassadors programme is being maintained with existing volunteers but not currently taking any new volunteers on.
To get in touch, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 07841 067418.
YMCA Youth Advice Centre (YAC)
We are running all 4 of our services remotely. No face-to-face appointments. We are continuing to accept new referrals.
To get in touch, phone 01273 624 432 and you'll be connected to right team. Or you can email teams directly:
- Housing Advice email@example.com
- Family Mediation YAC.FamilyMediation@ymcadlg.org
- Support and Advice firstname.lastname@example.org
Find YMCA YAC on:
Young Carers Project @ The Carers Centre
Young Carers Project offers:
- check in phone calls
- phone or text chat
- Facebook Messenger for teens
Young Carers Project is working on its online offer.
It's referral only, but you can ask for advice on Facebook or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Young People's Centre
Young People's Centre offers:
- telephone and text support
- check in phone calls to current and known young people
- mail support
- Facebook updates
- investigating potential for more 'open group' activity via Zoom or Google Hangout
They will respond to new enquiries through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through telephone enquiries to 07928 808825. Neither provide 'emergency' support but they will follow up with 48 hours.
Young People's Support Network
Counselling and life coaching online on the Young People's Support Network website.
To get in touch, send an email to email@example.com.
Youth Employability Service (YES)
Free careers information, advice, guidance and support with moving into education, training, employment provided by a team of qualified Employability Advisers.
For people 16 - 19 years old, not in education, employment or training and living in Brighton & Hove.
YES Advisers are offering ongoing support and advice using online platforms, including WhatsApp and Facebook
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 01273 294 247.