Amaze is the Special Educational Needs Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) for Brighton & Hove.
We work with parents and carers of disabled children and young people with special educational needs aged 0 to 25. We also support young people with special educational needs and disabilities aged 14 to 25.
Amaze offers one point of access to information, advice and support on issues related to education, social care, leisure, money matters and health care.
How Amaze can help:
- SENDIASS helpline 01273 772 289 for parent carers and young people with SEND
- Amazing Futures project groups, workshops, and accessible information resources for young people aged 14 to 25 with additional needs - we also train volunteers aged 18 to 25 with, or without, additional needs to provide support to young people with SEND
- Looking Forward career support programme for young people aged 14 to 18 with SEND, or up to 25 years old if you have an EHC plan.
- publications and advice on our website for parent carers and young people
- Compass Card free leisure discount card for children and young people 0 to 25 with significant special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and free Carers' Card with wellbeing discounts and deals
- help with claiming DLA and PIP for children and young people with SEND up to 25 years old
- Face 2 Face Befriending support for families around the time of diagnosis, or other challenges
- workshops and support groups
- Parent Carers’ Council (PaCC)
How to get support from us
Call our helpline, or email us.
- Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
- 01273 772 289
- Visit website
Helpline is open 9:30am to 2:30pm Monday to Friday.
You can leave a message at any time and someone will get back to you.
Our services are free unless otherwise stated, for example we may occasionally charge a small fee for a course or workshop.
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible all areas of building
- Disabled toilet
- All gender toilet
- Simple English and picture boards signposting all areas of building
RCP North Road car park is the closest car park.
All of the factual data in our directory is provided by internal services and external organisations that we work with. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any false claims, errors or out of date information.