Our Brighton & Hove Inclusion Support Service (BHISS) Early Years team works with pre-schools and nurseries to help them provide support for children 0 to 5 years old who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
Examples of SEND include autism spectrum (ASC) and social communication disorders such as autism and Asperger syndrome.
- gives pre-schools and nurseries access to qualified and experienced Special Educational Needs (SEN) teachers and practitioners
- helps pre-schools and nurseries to support children, individually or in groups
- provides advice and training to pre-school and nursery staff
- supports pre-schools and nurseries with Education, Health and Care (EHC) assessments and plans
- supports pre-school and nursery staff with the Assess, Plan, Do, Review process
- helps parents and pre-schools and nurseries staff in nurseries and playgroups work well together
- can provide support for parents and families
- coordinates support funding for children with special educational needs and disabilities
- works closely with other BHISS teams
How to get support from us
Your child's nursery will contact us if they need support from us.
Talk to your child’s teacher or Special Educational Needs Coordinator at nursery if you think your child needs support from BHISS.