Amaze SENDIASS advice line
The independent SEND information, advice and support service for Brighton and Hove.
SENDIASS stands for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service. This is an independent, impartial service run by the charity Amaze for families in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex.
We work with:
- parent carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25
- children and young people with SEND up to age 25
We can offer information, advice and support with anything to do with SEND, for example:
- social care
- health care
- money matters
- preparing for adulthood
You can find information on the Amaze website, or contact the advice line to speak with an adviser.
Our advisers can offer a listening ear and talk through your situation, helping you think what to do next. We can also link you to other Amaze services. If you need something that Amaze can’t do we will try to signpost you to somewhere that can help.
Sometimes our advisers lead workshops for parent carers on SEND topics that come up often, like preparing for adulthood. You can find any upcoming workshops on Amaze's events page or Eventbrite.
You can call the SENDIASS advice line even if you are not sure if you or your child has SEND. We can help you think this through.
How to get support from us
Call or email and an adviser will get back to you.
Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XG
01273 772 289
Amaze SENDIASS advice line runs Mondays to Fridays.
Leave a message so we can call you. There is no drop in service.
- Need advice in another language? We may be able to arrange an appointment with an interpreter via the Sussex Interpreting Service. We also produce a service leaflet in a number of different languages that explains what we do and how we can help
- Wheelchair accessible entrance
- Wheelchair accessible all areas of building
- Disabled toilet
- All gender toilet
- Simple English and picture boards signposting all areas of building