How advice services can help
Please contact the advice services straight away if you are:
- having difficulties claiming the benefits you are entitled to
- having difficulties understanding what you are eligible for
- you have debts that you are not managing and it is affecting your mental health
Advice services can make sure you do not lose out on anything you are entitled to and help you put a plan in place.
Where to find help
Find a list of local and national advice services. See what services they are running during Covid-19.
Citizens Advice are running normal hours but no face to face service. You can phone them on 0300 330 9033 or use their website to send a message.
Money Advice Plus
The advice line is running as normal on 0800 988 7037.
They have made alternative arrangements with all clients who normally visit the office to get help with managing money. If you have any queries you can phone on 01273 664 000
My Life Brighton & Hove
Local Brighton & Hove and national organisations providing information on the welfare system, benefit entitlement, debt management, managing money and money advice to plan for the future.
Benefits Advice and challenging decisions - BHCC Welfare Rights Team
- extended advice line hours Monday to Wednesday 10am to 1pm 01273 291 116
- email email@example.com
Brighton Unemployed Centre Families Project
- Welfare Rights Advice 01273 676171
- telephone advice only 01273 894050
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
East Sussex Credit Union
- closed to drops in but all services are available online
- telephone 0300 303 3188
- email email@example.com
Advice on paying your council tax and rent
Find more information on our website: