Register for Council Tax if you've bought a property you're not living in

If your property is a buy-to-let, second home or undergoing renovations, you need to register for Council Tax.

About this form

Use this form to register for Council Tax at a property you won't be living in.

You need to provide:

  • the address of your new property in Brighton & Hove
  • the address of your main residence
  • your last address in Brighton & Hove, if you had one
  • the reason you are not using your new property as your main residence and completion date
  • your bank details if you choose to pay by Direct Debit