Single person Council Tax discount

Find out if you can get a single person discount on your Council Tax bill and apply online.

Who can apply

If you're the only adult living in your household, you can apply for a 25% Council Tax discount.

Visit our other discounts page for a list of people who don't count as adults for Council Tax.

You can only get a single person discount on your sole or main property.

Stopping your discount

If another adult joins your household, you need to tell us that your single person discount should stop.

You should do this within 21 days of the change to avoid extra charges.