Council Tax Reduction form

Use this form to apply for a reduction on your Council Tax.

You will need photos or scanned images for you and / or your partner of your:

  • Passport or driving licence
  • National Insurance number
  • Income proof - for example, wage slips
  • Savings and other capital
  • Non-work income - for example, payments from parents, volunteer work
  • Child Benefit notice - if you have one
  • Childcare receipts

You will also need:

  • your National Insurance number - often found on a payslip or a letter from the HMRC or the Department of Work and Pensions
  • details of bank, building society, credit union or Post Office accounts
  • details of any savings and other capital
  • details of any non-work income - for example income from an insurance plan
  • details of any other benefits you already get
  • If you have a partner you will also need their details
  • If you have any children you will also need their details, including Child Benefit reference number - if you have one
  • If you currently pay for childcare you will also need your childcare provider`s details, including their registration number. You may be able to find this on a letter from your childcare provider or by asking them to provide it for you.

If you need help with this form you can:

We process, analyse and use your data in a range of ways to better understand what our customers need and to improve the way in which the council delivers your services. Find more information about how we use your data in our privacy and data notice.