This review proposes changes to polling districts and polling places. Any changes resulting from this review will come into effect from 2 January 2024.
Why we are holding a review
A significant review took place in 2022 following the Local Government Boundary Commission for England’s Review of the city’s wards. This review follows the scheme devised in 2022, making changes only when necessary.
This review is necessary due to:
- the statutory requirement for a review every 5 years since 1 October 2013. The review must start on 1 October and be completed within 16 months
- the need to make changes to parliamentary boundaries in Brighton & Hove following the Boundary Commission for England (BCE) Review of July 2023
Have your say
We've now closed the public consultation for this review.
We invited written comments and representation from:
- registered electors within Brighton & Hove
- elected representatives
- local political parties
- individuals and organisations with expertise in disabled access to venues
The deadline for comments and representations was Tuesday 31 October. We're reviewing the feedback we received. We'll publish this feedback and our responses in Committee papers and reports in line with the timetable below.
The review timetable
The timetable for the review is set out below:
- publication of notice of review, and consultation document including (Acting) Returning Officer’s proposals – Monday 2 October 2023
- closing date for representations – Tuesday 31 October 2023
- final proposal published via Agenda papers and website – Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Council Strategy, Finance & City Regeneration Committee meeting – approval of scheme - Thursday 7 December 2023
- revised register published for effected wards – Tuesday 2 January 2024
What has changed
You can view our consultation document for further information on the agreed changes to polling districts and polling places, including written summaries for each ward.
An interactive map of the proposals can be viewed here.
Notice of review
View our notice of review.