The (Acting) Returning Officer will comment on the suitability of proposed changes to polling stations and places within each affected polling district. You can view the polling district review on the council website and at the Electoral Services Office.
Written comments and representations are invited from any registered electors within Brighton & Hove, elected representatives and local political parties, as well as individuals and organisations with expertise in disabled access to venues. Any comments should include, where appropriate, alternative venue suggestions that may be used as polling places.
Comments and representations can be submitted in the following ways:
The deadline for receipt of comments and representations is Tuesday 31 October and any representations received will be available for public inspection.
Final proposals will be published on Wednesday 29 November 2023 and presented to the Council’s Strategy, Finance & City Regeneration Committee.
The full timetable for the review is set out below:
- Publication of notice of review, and consultation document including (Acting) Returning Officer’s proposals – Monday 2 October 2023
- Closing date for representations – Tuesday 31 October 2023
- Final proposal published via Agenda papers and website – Wednesday 29 November 2023
- Council Strategy, Finance & City Regeneration Committee meeting – approval of scheme - Thursday 7 December 2023
- Revised register published for effected wards – Tuesday 2 January 2024
(Acting) Returning Officer & Chief Executive
Brighton & Hove City Council
Hove Town Hall
Monday 2 October 2023