Interreg Va France (Channel) England Programme
This Cross-Border programme aimed to fund high quality co-operation projects in the Channel border region between France and England, in line with the Europe 2020 strategy.
The programme covered the coastal area from Cornwall to Norfolk in the UK and from Finistere to Nord Pas de Calais in France. Norfolk County Council is the Managing Authority for the programming period for 2014 to 2020.
Priority areas of the Interreg Programme (Specific Objectives)
The Programme had 3 Priorities divided into 5 Specific Objectives (SO), which demonstrate the changes that the Programme plans to deliver within the eligible area.
Amount of European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) available for each of the three priorities:
- Priority 1 (Innovation, Social Innovation) €68.5m
- Priority 2 (Low Carbon Technologies) €31.1m
- Priority 3 (Natural & Cultural Heritage, Coastal and Transitional Water Ecosystems) €32.9m
From April 2017 the Channel Programme introduced their Micro Projects initiative, for smaller scale projects that ran for up to 2 years and were funded at 80%.
- responded to any of the specific objectives listed above
- were limited to 24 months (plus three months for closure)
- had a maximum of five partners and a minimum of two (one French and one English)
- funding contribution were capped at 80%, with the rest match-funded
- maximum budget was €500,000 (ERDF contribution €400,000).
- were eligible to local authorities, charities and organisations employing more than 50 people and with turnover greater than €10 million
- had a 1 phase application instead of 2
For more information go to the Channel website.