Brighton & Hove councillors each have a community budget of £1,000 for 2019-20 to spend on ward priorities for improving the social, environmental and economic well-being of their constituency.
The funds will be awarded on a first come, first served basis up to a limit. The limit for each party group is based on their number of seats and individual councillors have a limit of up to £1,000.
- The grants are a one-off for each financial year and there should be no expectation of future funding by the recipient
- The funding must be used in line with financial regulations and contract standing orders of the city council
- The projects/activity funded must be in line with council policies
- Awards must be paid into a project/organisation named bank account; and cannot be paid into a personal account
- The funding cannot be used for areas such as political activities, lobbying or campaigning or individual sponsorship
If you have an idea for a project you think would be eligible for funding for this scheme, please get in touch with your ward councillors.