Senior officers and directorate management teams
The day to day leadership and management of council operations, such as managing council resources, commissioning and providingservices, are delegated by councillors to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
The team is formed from each executive director and led by Chief Executive Officer, with other council officers or partners invited to attend when needed. The Director of HR and Organisational Development and Chief Finance Officer are also permanent members of ELT.
They meet weekly and work closely with stakeholders to ensure good corporate governance, develop corporate strategies, and implement the council’s policies and priorities.
Chief Executive Officer – Geoff Raw
Economy, Environment and Culture directorate
Managing city infrastructure, assets and supporting sustainable city growth and development.
Interim Executive Directors for Economy, Environment and Culture – Donna Chisholm and Tom McCourt
- Assistant Director of City Development and Regeneration – Max Woodford
- Assistant Director of City Environment – Rachel Chasseaud
- Assistant Director of City Transport – Mark Prior
- Assistant Director of Culture, Tourism and Sport – Donna Chisholm
- Assistant Director of Property and Design – Angela Dymott
Families, Children and Learning directorate
Children and family services, youth services, disability services and supporting education, schools and skills.
Executive Director for Families, Children and Learning – Deb Austin
- Assistant Director of Children’s Safeguarding and Care – Anna Gianfrancesco
- Assistant Director of Health, SEN and Disability Services – Georgina Clarke-Green
- Assistant Director of Education and Skills – Jo Lyons
- Head of Safeguarding and Performance – Justin Grantham
Governance, People and Resources directorate
Corporate services and resources to enable effective front-line delivery of council services and supporting good governance and performance.
Executive Director for Governance, People and Resources and Monitoring Officer – Abraham Ghebre-Ghiorghis
- Director of Human Resources and Organisational Development – Ali Mcmanamon
- Assistant Director of Customer, Modernisation and Performance Insight – Rima Desai
- Assistant Director of Legal and Democratic Services – Liz Culbert
- Assistant Director of Policy and Communications – Catherine Glossop
- Chief Finance Officer – Nigel Manvell
- Chief Digital Information Officer (shared role with East Sussex County Council and Surrey County Council) – Matt Scott
Health and Adult Social Care directorate
Public Health for the city, adult safeguarding and adult social care commissioning and provision.
Executive Director for Health and Adult Social Care – Rob Persey
- Director of Public Health – Alistair Hill
- Assistant Director of Commissioning and Partnerships – Andy Witham
- Assistant Director of Operations – David Jones
- Assistant Director of Resources, Safeguarding and Performance – Michelle Jenkins
- Assistant Director of Transformation – Vacant
Housing, Neighbourhoods and Communities directorate
Housing services and community services such as environmental health, licensing, libraries, community safety, and supporting community development, equality and inclusion.
Executive Director for Housing, Neighbourhoods and Communities – Rachel Sharpe
- Assistant Director for Housing Management – Martin Reid
- Assistant Director for Housing Needs and Supply – Paul Cooper
- Head of Communities, Equality and Third Sector – Emma McDermott
- Head of Library Services (job share) – Sally Mcmahon and Kate Rouse
- Head of Safer Communities – Jo Player
Senior officer's pay
Go to our financial information page for details of senior council officer's pay.